Tuesday, December 22, 2009

LCS by General Dynamics!


It has been awhile since I last posted, but suffice it to say that the holidays have seen me more busy than usual. To break the silence, I would like to point you to the General Dynamics site. Yes, the same company that built the F-16 Fighting Falcon. They also deal in ships (Same way as Lockheed/Martin and Northrop/Grumman). I am sorry to say this has little to do with Washington State, but I hope you will indulge me...besides, we have littoral waters that this ship could defend!

Yes, that is a Trimaran configuration. It is meant for littoral combat and patrol. (That means close to the shore) A generous GD employee, doubtless seeking publicity for the company, sent me a link to some videos of this new ship underway. There are two classes. One with the lead ship of Freedom and the other with the lead ship of Independence. This is the Independence. Have a look and we will overlook the possibility that I may be helping "The Man" by acknowledging that this thing is damned cool. (this site remains advertising free, however, if you represent a government body interested in this weapons system and you buy one of these things, feel free to advise GD to send a few bucks my way- see, History guys CAN have a sense of humor )

Thank you Mr. Kello of General Dynamics!

No comments: